NEW LONDON, Conn.--Andrew Bryson registered the only Coast Guard point in the Bears 8-1 loss to Stevens.
Bryson won at #6 singles 6-2, 6-1 as the Bears dropped to 1-6 on the season.
Stevens won the other five singles in straight sets to improve to 3-5 this season.
Robert Renfrow and Blake Maurer had the closest doubles match of the day dropping a 9-8 decision.
The Bears are back in action on Saturday when they open New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) play at Clark at 1 p.m.
Stevens Ducks 8, Coast Guard 1
Mar 24, 2013 at New London, Conn.
1. Chris Rosensteel (SITM) def. Blake Maurer (CGA) 6-3, 6-3
2. Matthew Heinrich (SITM) def. Robert Renfrow (CGA) 6-3, 6-0
3. Benjamin Foran (SITM) def. Mark Guentert (CGA) 6-3, 6-3
4. Tyler Tisdale (SITM) def. Weston Fortna (CGA) 6-1, 6-2
5. Derek Smith (SITM) def. Jon Lightner (CGA) 6-3, 7-5
6. Andrew Bryson (CGA) def. Brian Liebeskind (SITM) 6-2, 6-1
1. Chris Rosensteel/Matthew Heinrich (SITM) def. Robert Renfrow/Blake Maurer (CGA) 9-8
2. Benjamin Foran/Shota Tasaki (SITM) def. Mark Guentert/Weston Fortna (CGA) 8-4
3. Tyler Tisdale/Derek Smith (SITM) def. Jon Lightner/Andrew Bryson (CGA) 8-3